photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Combine first three ingredients, mix well.
- Press into 8X8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat softened cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 the whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Combine pudding mixes with milk, mix well.
- Spread chocolate mixture over cheese layer.
- Top with remainder of whipped topping.
- Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very good desert. I've made it for years and it is always a hit. I like to double the chocolate layer and the cream cheese layer. You can also change the flavor of pudding you use. Pistachio is great for Christmas with a red maraschino cherry for color. I prefer to use real cream instead of the whipped topping.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 49 and have lived in western Oklahoma my entire life. We began keeping kosher a few years ago, and we've enjoyed adapting our favorite recipes to comply. Not that difficult, really, with substitutions of turkey products for pork. My hubby likes to ad-lib and uses lots of spices creatively (especially the hot ones!) I prefer to stick to recipes.