Recipe by Sharon123
You'll love this brownie in a crust!The whipped topping is irresitible!
Top Review by chia
dd#4 who hates nuts gave this a 10 plus! now that that's out of the way, i made this for company using a frozen pie crust that i bought at the farmers market,and it was very easy to mix the ingredients with a whisk, then a spatula and bake. i was mixing the topping when my guests arrived, so i just whipped the cream with the conf sugar and 1 1/2 tbs pure almond extract, and refrigerated it a few hours. my guests raved about this and i loved it too! thanks sharon
- 1 pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange juice or 1 -2 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cocoa.
- Add corn syrup, vanilla and eggs; beat well using wire whisk or rotary beater.
- Stir in nuts and margarine.
- Pour into pastry-lined pan.
- Bake at 350* for 30 to 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and orange extract; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread or pipe over cooled filling.
- In small bowl, combine orange marmalade and enough orange juice for drizzling consistancy.
- Drizzle marmalade mixture over whipped cream.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 8 servings.