Fudgy Turtle Pie
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts or (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small heavy sauce pan over low heat, melt caramels with 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk.
- Spread evenly on bottom of prepared pie crust.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt chocolate with the butter.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with remaining sweetened condensed milk, water, vanilla, and salt.
- Add chocolate mixture; Mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake 35-40 min, or until center is set.
- Cool. Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sooooo decadent! This is definitely something to serve to someone with a sweet tooth :-). It is rich, fudgey and so wonderful! I followed the directions, as stated, and was rewarded with 'nirvana', that I can't wait to share with more friends. I did use a graham cracker crust and I think that was a perfect base. Thanks so much for sharing, Brenda!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> </p> 8724397"