Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I put this salad toghether to use up fruit leftovers, my mum and I really enjoyed it as a light supper, hope you'll like it too! It's fast, easy and fresh, practically no fat and low in calories yet very tasty!
- 2 cups large shrimp, cooked
- 1 cup soy sprouts, blanched (45 sec in the microwave and they'll be perfect)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup cubed melon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped (leaves and stems)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (lemon is fine too)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together.
- Toss all salad ingredients except chives and coriander in a bowl, pour dressing in the bowl and mix, sprinkle with chopped herbs.