Fruity Carrot Salad
I've slightly tweaked it, but the original of this recipe came from the July/August 2005 issue of Home Cooking. Preparation time does not include the 4 hours needed to chill the salad.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or raspberry vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 lb carrot, shredded
- 1 cup dried fruits, mixed
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, canola oil, olive oil cinnamon & pepper, then set the mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, mixed dried fruits & the oil/vinegar, stirring to mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before stirring again & serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow, I really enjoyed this tasty salad Syd. I love sweet and sour flavors and this was perfect for me. I used balsamic raspberry vinegar and dried blueberries, raspberries, cherries, cantaloupe and candied aloe vera. This was wonderful with the shredded carrotes and spices. It made for a very tasty lunch. Thanks so much for sharing a recipe that I will enjoy again.
This salad tastes very fresh and yummy with a lovely balance of sweet and tart. I loved the dried fruits in this (used a mix of raisins, sultanas and cranberries). I reduced the oil a tad, but other than that stuck to your recipe and enjoyed it a lot for a light lunch.<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing yet another wonderful recipe with us, Syd!<br/>Made and reviewed for one of my PAC babies Autumn 2011.