Recipe by Carianne
Another find from the back of weight watchers magazine that was served at my housewarming party. 5 points per cup.
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup currants
- 2⁄3 cup diced dried apricot
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1⁄3 cups couscous
- 1⁄3 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine first 6 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and set aside.
- Bring the water, broth, and remaining salt to a boil, stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes (until all liquid is absorbed).
- Transfer couscous to a large bowl to cool.
- When cool, add fruit and juice mixture, cilantro, and top with scallions.