I really respect people who maintain their love for fruit cake in the hostile atmosphere of the U.S. It gets much more respect in England. This fruitcake has a candy-like quality about it, and there's no chopping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup grape juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 32 regular marshmallows, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup dried currant
- 24 ounces graham crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fig
- 1/2 cup diced candied pineapple
- 3/4 cup candied cherry
- 1/4 cup diced citron
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup brandy (optional)
- 6 -8 red and green glazed cherries (to garnish)
- 1Fold the grape juice into the whipped cream in a bowl. Fold in the marshmallows. Set aside for flavors to blend.
- 2Cover the raisins and currants with boiling water in a shallow bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 3Process the graham crackers in a food processor until they're nearly dust. Combine with the cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well. Add the dates, pecans, figs, pineapple, 3/4 cup cherries, citron and orange zest and mix well. Add the raisins and currants and mix well.
- 4Fold in the marshmallow mixture. Fold in the brandy.
- 5Press the mixture into a greased bundt pan. Unmold onto waxed paper and press candied cherries onto the top.
- 6Store in a sealed tin for 3 to 4 weeks before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruitiful No-Bake Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.7
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 276.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green glazed cherries