Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are so good, I've even been known to eat them for breakfast!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Beat in butter just until moistened.
- Set aside 2 cups.
- Pat the rest into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss apples with the 2 T flour.
- Stir in preserves.
- Spread over hot crust almost to edges.
- Mix nuts and the 2 cups oat mixture.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for another 30 minutes.