This popular appetizer or dessert is a great kid-friendly way to serve a range of fruits and veggies. For a truly kid-friendly treat serve this in individual plastic margarita glasses. It is more accessible to kids than a large serving bowl and no double dipping worries! You can also tuck a small container into a lunch box. The trick to this salsa is finely chopping all of the ingredients to get a nice even mixture. Add your favorite fruits or vegetables, finely chopped, and serve either with the sweet cinnamon crisps or whole grain crackers of your choice. Start the prep earlier in the day so the mixture can chill and flavors blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple or 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup strawberry, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped (optional) or 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet green pepper, in place of jalapeno
- 1/4 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Combine all finely chopped fruits and veggies with lime juice. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours. (If chilling for substantially longer than 6 hours, stir in chopped strawberries just before serving.).
- 2Serve in individual cups with cinnamon crisps or other chips.
- 3To make cinnamon crisps, preheat oven to 350ºF, and combine sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Brush all torillas with the butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 5Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges and spread approximately 1/3 (about 32 wedges) on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until dry and crisp. Cool and repeat with remaining wedges. Sore in an airtight container for 4 days.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Salsa With Cinnamon Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 710.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g