Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a refreshing fruit salad that is great in the Spring and Summer when fresh blueberries and strawberries are plentiful. It is great as a salad side dish, as a dessert, or as a topping on pound cake or ice cream!
- 1 (4 lb) cantaloupe, about
- 1 (3 lb) pineapple, about
- 2 lbs green grapes
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 cups blueberries (optional)
- 3 cups strawberries, halved (optional)
- Cut cantaloupe and pineapple into large bite-size pieces; place the pieces, along with the grapes, in a large bowl.
- Combine the orange marmalade, lemon juice, and orange juice in a tightly covered small container; shake to mix well.
- Pour marmalade mixture over the fruit.
- Let set overnight to blend flavors.
- Just before serving, mix in EITHER blueberries OR strawberries.
I have been taking this fruit salad to work with me for the past few days for an afternoon snack. I did scale the recipe down quite a bit for just DH and I. It is quite easily done if you keep all the fruit separate and then in the morning toss in a bowl with a splash of the "dressing" and go. Perfect pick me up with some almonds. Thanks for posting! Oh and yes, today I am using both blueberries AND strawberries, what can I say I am a rebel! Thanks for posting! Made for our VIP chef for the Veg*n Swao June 2010!
It's not clear how much the dressing really added to the flavor, but it did impart a little gloss and some sweetness and protect the fruit from the air a bit for serving, and the end result was delicious. Hard to beat a bowl of mixed fresh fruit on a late summer afternoon, and we put it with barbecued burgers and Syd's Recipe#284385.
Very good! I made for my son's graduation party and it was perfect. Love the orange marmalade. Added nice flavor without making it overly sweet. Will definitely use again.