Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A great dessert for summers with an unusual name!
- Heat water in a pan.
- Allow it to boil.
- The pan is to be used as a double boiler.
- Reduce heat, allow to simmer.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add sugar to the egg yolks.
- Mix well.
- Keep this bowl containing yolks and sugar (sabayyon) over the pan in which the water is simmering.
- Keep mixing the tolks- sugar mixture for 3-5 minutes while holding it over the pan.
- Put the chopped fruits in a bowl.
- Pour the sabayyon over the fruits.
- Gratinate for 2-3 minutes until a crisp brown colour appears over the fruits.
- Serve immediately if you want a hot dessert or add some ice cream (your favourite flavour) over the fruits-sabayyon mixture and serve as a cold dessert.
- Pour the sabayyon over this.