Recipe by JeriBinNC
This calls for Ceylon cinnamon, but you could substitute regular cinnamon if you must--but only if you must! ;-)
- 4 cups fruit, peeled and sliced
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed*
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- *Note: Use the larger amount of sugar for tart fruits like apples, and use the larger amount of flour for juicy fruits, like blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place fruit in an 8x8-inch baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients well and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake 30 minutes or till top is golden brown. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.