Recipe by DrGaellon
My grandmother's Passover fruit compote. Everyone's favorite part of the Seder dinner.
- 3 lbs dried mixed fruit
- 2 lemons
- 12 ounces prunes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 4 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce crystallized ginger, julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the lemons well. Slice the ends off until the pulp is visible and throw the ends away. Slice the remaining lemons thinly, removing seeds.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot (at least 5 qts). Add enough water to cover by at least 1".
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium-low and simmer 90 minutes.
- Refrigerate in a non-reactive container and serve cold.