Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Talk about cool and refreshing! This is such an awesome cake for the warmer weather. It is light and delicious and the perfect ending to a barbecued meal. Top with whipped cream or use the included recipe for yummy frosting.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (19 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 can mandarin orange (with juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine fruit cocktail (juice included), sugar, eggs and vanilla and stir until well mixed.
- Combine flour, salt and soda and gradually add to fruit mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely and frost with included recipe or just top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Frosting: Combine whipped topping and pudding mix until well mixed.
- Fold in mandaring oranges with juice until well combined.
- Frost cooled cake.
- Store in refrigerator.