Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Talk about cool and refreshing! This is such an awesome cake for the warmer weather. It is light and delicious and the perfect ending to a barbecued meal. Top with whipped cream or use the included recipe for yummy frosting.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (19 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 can mandarin orange (with juice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine fruit cocktail (juice included), sugar, eggs and vanilla and stir until well mixed.
- Combine flour, salt and soda and gradually add to fruit mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely and frost with included recipe or just top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Frosting: Combine whipped topping and pudding mix until well mixed.
- Fold in mandaring oranges with juice until well combined.
- Frost cooled cake.
- Store in refrigerator.
YUMMY! I made the cake with the icing recipe given. It is light and delicious. I almost overcooked the cake since the cake only needed about 35 minutes in my oven. Thanks!
This is one of the easiest cakes I've ever made! Very quick to prepare and to cook (about 30 mins) and it had a light texture. The mixed fruit was beautifully moist, though next time I think I'll add extra fruit ( a personal taste) though I don't think that it will need any extra juice. I topped it with whipped cream, delicious! Thanks for giving me such a beautiful recipe!
This is an excellent recipe. My Mother made it all the time when I was growing up. Recipe #7062 is the frosting that my Mom always used. Maybe next time I will try the one given with the cake recipe. My grandchildren like the cake very much and want it again soon.