Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Delicious and DIFFERENT with a cooked onion and orange juice dressing, and two crumbled cheeses on top.
- Wash and drain spinach.
- Cut each endive lengthwise into quarters.
- With knife or peeler, peel kiwis and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Remove rind from cantaloupe and cut into large chunks.
- Arrange spinach, endive, kiwis, and cantaloupe in 4 large individual salad bowls.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot olive oil cook onion, salt, pepper until onion is golden and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in orange juice and white wine vinegar.
- Crumble feta cheese, cut Swiss cheese into 1/2 inch pieces.
- To serve: spoon warm orange dressing over spinach salad in bowls.
- Sprinkle with feta and swiss cheeses.