Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This salad always goes over well at potlucks. Just something a little different.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas, thawed but not cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) can cashews
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 pint sour cream
- Combine all ingredients.
- Chill well before serving.
This was really easy to assemble and it tasted great! Another keeper from Chef PotPie! Thanks.
Another winner for you PotPie. With family here over Father's Day and the June heat in Tucson, I made a lot of salads. This was just the ticket with colossal shrimp barbequed. I used real bacon bits to save on frying up bacon and loved the crunch of the water chestnuts. I also used lite sour cream to cut a few calories. Keep the good posts coming and thanks again!!