Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe came from Kellogs' website and I think it is a great desert mainly if you are counting calories. I used low-fat yogurt, whipped topping and the crust pie.
- 2 (340.19 g) container blueberry yogurt
- 226.79 g container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 473.18 ml frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 pie crust (9-inch)
- In medium bowl bowl fold blueberry yogurt into whipped topping. Reserve 18 whole blueberries. Coarsely chop remaining blueberries. Fold chopped blueberries into yogurt mixture.
- Spread in crust. Top with reserved blueberries. Freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish as desired. Store in freezer.
Simple and delicious. I made it in two layers--mixed strawberries and strawberry yogurt for one layer, blueberries and blueberry yogurt for the second layer. Tasted great, and I put it in graham cracker crust. Thanks!
YUMMY and super easy to make and clean up. Directions were easy, but did leave out a step --- cook the crust. I know that, but a newbie cook might wonder. I baked my shells at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and let them cool completely before filling. I made some adjustments and did mini pies. I bought my pie crust (too lazy to make my own) and used 2- 9inch crusts. I cut out 17 circles and placed each one into a muffin tin and then baked it for 10 minutes. While those were cooling, I made my filling. First, I used fat free plain yogurt and 2 cups fresh blueberries coarsley chopped. For the cool whip, I used LITE. It could have been sweeter, but I know that was because of my modifications. Also, I only used 1/2 the filling for my 17 mini pie shells. I would need to use 4 crusts or cut the filling in half next time. With the modifications that I made, the calories came out to 97 per mini pie. Not bad for us weight watchers...LOL. My 3 year old really liked it and wanted more, but I stopped her at one. I made these for her to bring to school and keep in the freezer for when they have treats (cake, etc) with eggs in them (DD is allergic). This way she won't feel left out. Thanks so much...this is a keeper!