Recipe by Lili's, Rori's & Rainah's Meemaw
I got this recipe from Taste of Home magazine. It is so delicious and can be made very light by using fat free whipped topping and pie shells. I often use the graham ready crust and it is good too. I haven't tried the chocolate crust yet, but I imagine that would be a treat. The toasted almonds are a must in this recipe. They add just the right flavor to make this recipe special. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by Tyler's Wife and Chef
I made this pie yesterday for a cookout we went to last night and everyone went crazy over it! It was so delicious! No one had tried anything like it and I was bombarded for the recipe.. thank you for making me such a hit! I look forward to trying more of your recipes!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 14 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 -9 inches pastry shells, baked
- 1⁄2 cup whipped topping (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light.
- Stir in cranberry sauce.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into crusts.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and additional whipped topping if desired.