Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
This recipe came from a friend of a friend who said that these are wonderful. She said they are thin and a bit gooey and that the icing really makes them special.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts and pecans are especially good)
- 3 tablespoons soften butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, then the oatmeal and nuts last.
- Chill for at least six hours (overnight if possible) until firm. Roll in one inch balls and space on an lightly greased cookie sheet (I line mine with parchment paper).
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Spread while STILL WARM with Cinnamon-Coffee Frosting:.
- Cream butter and sugar; add other ingredients.
- Mix until smooth and proper consistency for spreading.
- Use a barbecue brush or pastry brush to spread lightly on each warm cookie.