For a great cooking class I attended in Morton, Illinois.
Make and share this " from the Field" Green Beans, Fresh Herbs and Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the beans. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- While water is boiling, thinly slice both onions.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions and kosher salt and pepper.
- Allow the onions to caramelize for around 20-25 minutes.
- Add herbs and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add green beans and walnuts; mix well.
- Heat for an additional 2 minutes and serve.