Recipe by MechanicalJen
I recently discovered frittatas. This is one of those beautiful variations that is not only a pleasure to eat, but you feel good doing it. Found in "The Practical Guide to Using Herbs". Makes a wonderful breakfast or brunch. Hope you all enjoy
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons thyme, dried or 4 tablespoons thyme, fresh
- 6 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes in small bowl and pour enough hot water just to cover. Let soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove from water and pat try. Slice tomatoes into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan. Stir in chopped onion and cook 5-6 minutes, until golden.
- Stir in tomatoes and thyme. Cook over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs lightly in a separate bowl. Stir in 3 tbsp of the tomato soaking water and the parmesan.
- Raise the heat under the pan. When oil begins to sizzle, add eggs. Mix quickly into other ingredients and stop stirring.
- Lower heat to moderate and cook 4-5 minutes, until base is golden and the top puffed.
- Take a large plate, place it upside down over the pan. Holding it firmly with oven gloves, turn pan and the frittata over onto it. Slide frittata back into pan and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, until golden on second side.
- Remove from heat, cut into wedges and serve.