Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried this at a Christmas brunch the quilt guild had. I had to hunt down the one who brought this in and get the recipe.
- 2 cans yellow kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced and chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced and chopped
- 1⁄2 purple onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 ounces of chili cheese flavor Frito corn chips
- Mix all the ingredients except the chips.
- Add the chips in before serving otherwise the chips will get soggy.
- Red peppers are expensive so you can just use green instead.
This is a favorite in our home! I make it fairly often. The only things I do differently is I use frozen corn (thawed of course), and I add 1/3 c. chopped cilantro!
I tried this on a ladies' potluck lunch recently. Was a big hit. I doubled the amount of peppers (used red and orange), and cut the mayo in 1/2. (you can always add more). Taste was very clean and fresh. As noted, important to drain corn really well, and only add fritos right before serving. Also easier to eat if you crush the fritos up a bit.
This was delicious and I will make again. But I am puzzled by the 15 servings...I relied on that and ended up with not enough. As written, the recipe serves about 8 people with moderate helping sizes.