Spicy Frito Corn Salad
Once you make this salad, there really is no going back, it's summer corn salad but upgraded.
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans corn kernels, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper, plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped plus 1 small jalapeno cut into thin rounds
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces chili cheese Fritos corn chips, lightly crushed
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- In a large bowl, stir to combine corn, roasted red peppers, green bell pepper, chopped jalapeno, chopped red onion, scallions, mayonnaise, adobo sauce, lime juice and chopped Fritos. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, sliced jalapeno pepper, cilantro leaves and cojita cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am curious about adobo sauce. I did a web search and found out that adobo is a cooking method that started in the Philippines. Many other cultures have adapted adobo to their own tastes and now the word can be a noun, a verb, and an adjective. Bottom line - Adobo is not standard. I found chilies in adobo sauce, adobo mole, pineapples adobo, dry adobo (which I have), and adobo curry sauce, among others. Do you make your own adobo sauce? It sounds like it is a moist product, not dry like the Goya Adobo I have.Replies 7
see 2 more