Recipe by Mary Scheffert
I have not tried this recipe, and am guessing at the pan size & # of servings, as they were not listed on the recipe I am posting from.
- 1 cup friendship active starter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease a 9x13 baking pan, set aside.
- Combine starter, egg& oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder& salt.
- Add wet ingredients& mix well.
- Knead dough until smooth& elastic, and roll out to a rectangle approximately 1/2" thick.
- Brush dough with softened butter or margarine and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon& sugar, and nuts if desired.
- Roll dough starting from long side, and slice into 3/4" slices.
- Place slices into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with powdered sugar/milk icing while warm, if desired.