Recipe by ROSAMARIA
a great novelty treat. This receipe is awsome, great for a party, kids love it. Adults enjoy it.
Top Review by Jenny Utsler
I could not wait to make this recipe after supper was over. I made the very quick and simple batter in a few minutes. After frying the twinkies and allowing them to cool (which was difficult to wait that long). The first bite was pure heaven, it was like your birthday and Christmas all in one day! Its very rich in taste with a crispy outside and a cool, creamy inside. I didn't have to modify the recipe in any way, but I would add a touch of cinnamon or powered sugar after frying. Highly recommended for the sweet tooth and if your not worried about fat intake!!
- 6 Hostess Twinkies
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks
- vegetable oil, enough to cover twinkies
- 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml oil
- 236.59 ml flour (mix to consistency)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze the twinkies for at least 2 hours.
- can freeze overnight.
- Heat your oil in fryer to 375 degrees.
- Mix your batter as such: milk, vinegar,oil.
- In another bowl blend flour, baking powder and salt.
- whisk wet ingredients into dry, mix until smooth.
- refrigerate until oil reaches temperature.
- insert sticks into twinkies, leaving enough of a end to hold.
- dust with flour and dip into batter be sure batter covers the entire twinkie place twinkie in hot oil with utensil being sure the twinkie browns evenly (the twinkie will float) about 3- 4 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel- cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with a Berry Sauce Raspberries or mixed Berry preserves heated until warm.
- Use for dipping.