Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Came up with this trying to use up leftovers. The servings depend on how much you eat! This would be 1-2 servings for myself...I have a large appetite : ) Sometimes I add a scrambled egg or two.
- 6 -8 ounces sausage, cubed
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 small jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 -2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Saute sausage in a non-stick wok until done (about 5 minutes). Remove sausage when done and set aside.
- Remove most of the fat from the pan. Add celery, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and Cajun seasoning. Cook until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes.)
- Add in vegetable broth; then add the reserved sausage and ham. Keep at a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked rice.
- Garnish with green onions.