Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my husbands favorites.
- 2 (12 ounce) containers oysters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- vegetable oil
- Drain oysters and press between paper towels to remvove excess moisture. Sprinkle oysters with salt and pepper. Combine eggs and hot sauce. Dip oysters in cracker crumbs, egg mixture, and cracker crumbs again.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a large deep skillet, heat to 375°F fry oysters, in batches, about 2 minutes or until golden, turning to brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce.
I have made this same recipe for years and years, some with hot sauce and some without. Oyster lovers, you will love this! Thanks for posting!.