Fried Green Tomatoes With Ravigote Sauce
- Mix first 8 ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Place tomatoes in single layer in large baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons hot sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt. Turn tomatoes several times to coat in hot sauce. Let stand 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, thyme, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt in shallow bowl.
- Whisk egg and milk in medium bowl.
- Dip 1 tomato slice in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture, turning to coat. Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tomato slices.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 6 tomato slices and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining butter, oil, and tomato slices.
- Overlap 2 tomato slices on each plate. Top each with 1 tablespoons sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve.