1/1 Photo of Fried Green Tomatoes With Creamy Horseradish Sauce
This recipe is from marthawhite.com. Sounds scrumptious! Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2Slice tomatoes about 3/8-inch thick. Sprinkle lightly with salt. In shallow dish, beat egg white with fork. Place corn meal mix on plate or in shallow dish.
- 3In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Dip tomatoes in egg mixture, then in corn meal mix to coat. Add tomato slices to skillet in single layer.
- 4Cook over medium-high heat until golden brown; turn and cook until browned on other side.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
- 6Repeat with remaining ingredients, adding butter as needed.
- 7Serve warm with Horseradish Sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Green Tomatoes With Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.8
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 471.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g