Recipe by JoAnn
Nice flavor and easy to prepare. Good side dish for any pork entree. If you prefer it more mild, just add a dash of red pepper flakes instead of the 1/4 tsp. indicated.
Top Review by carlaj
I love cabbage. I did remove more than half of the bacon grease. I added the cabbage into the same pan and stirred to coat it, then added about a half a can of beer for the cooking/braising liquid and added the chopped bacon at the end of the cooking time and my motto is the hotter the better so I aded more pepper flakes. Topped it off with an alka seltzer...I can`t believe I ate the whole thing!!
- 1 lb bacon, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs cabbage, finely diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp and well browned.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add chopped onion to the bacon grease and stir until translucent.
- Add cabbage, pepper flakes, salt and pepper, stirring until all cabbage is coated.
- Add the crumbled bacon bits and cover.
- Cook over low heat until cabbage is tender.