Smoked Sausage & Fried Cabbage
I've been making this dish for years. We especially like it on New Years Day with Cornbread and Black-eyed Peas. Ymmm...
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 slices bacon
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 lb) package smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pcs
- salt & pepper
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain.
- Add cabbage, butter and water to bacon grease and cook until tender. (Stir occasionally to coat all of the cabbage with bacon grease).
- Stop cooking when the cabbage is still a bit crunchy. Add salt and pepper to taste maybe a little more butter, not much.
- Slice sausage and lay on top of cabbage. Continue to cook a little longer to warm the sausage.
- Crumble bacon over all. Yummmy -- Great with black eyed-peas and cornbread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation