- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pints fresh oysters (rinsed and drained)
- 23 slices bacon, cut in half
- peanut oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dredge oysters in flour mixture.
- Wrap each oyster with a bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Pour peanut oil to 1 inch deep in a cast iron skillet or dutch oven.
- Heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry oysters in batches 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediatly.