Recipe by MapleLeafLili Hill
Most fresh strawberry pies call for a regular pie pastry or a graham cracker crust. This crust is similar to shortbread and complements the fresh strawberries wonderfully! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! My mom would make this pie every summer, and it was gone before you could blink, it's THAT good!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced,approximately
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Mix together crust ingredients til crumbly, and press into a 10" pie plate with floured fingers.
- Bake empty crust in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes, (until very lightly browned on edges).
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling, make the glaze by mixing together the dry ingredients in a pot, then add the boiling water, and cook until the glaze is thickened and clear.
- (I use a whisk and stir constantly) Remove the glaze from heat.
- Add the butter and stir into the glaze until melted.
- Cool the glaze.
- While the glaze is cooling, if your crust is cool enough, add your sliced strawberries to the crust.
- When the glaze is cool, pour it over the sliced strawberries in the pie crust, and chill completely in the fridge until the glaze sets firmly.