MapleLeafLili Hill's Note:
Most fresh strawberry pies call for a regular pie pastry or a graham cracker crust. This crust is similar to shortbread and complements the fresh strawberries wonderfully! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! My mom would make this pie every summer, and it was gone before you could blink, it's THAT good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced,approximately
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375.
- 2Mix together crust ingredients til crumbly, and press into a 10" pie plate with floured fingers.
- 3Bake empty crust in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes, (until very lightly browned on edges).
- 4Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 5While the crust is cooling, make the glaze by mixing together the dry ingredients in a pot, then add the boiling water, and cook until the glaze is thickened and clear.
- 6(I use a whisk and stir constantly) Remove the glaze from heat.
- 7Add the butter and stir into the glaze until melted.
- 8Cool the glaze.
- 9While the glaze is cooling, if your crust is cool enough, add your sliced strawberries to the crust.
- 10When the glaze is cool, pour it over the sliced strawberries in the pie crust, and chill completely in the fridge until the glaze sets firmly.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Pie with Special Shortbread Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2696.7
- Calories from Fat 1059
- Total Fat 117.7 g
- Saturated Fat 73.1 g
- Cholesterol 305.0 mg
- Sodium 1230.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 400.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 269.9 g
- Protein 23.8 g