Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Strawberry cobbler is a perfect finish to any summer meal. Best served hot, right out of the oven with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature and divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour, more or less
- 1⁄2 cup milk, more or less
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry syrup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 9"X13" baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together 4 tablespoons butter, self-rising flour, and milk. Stir until thick and stretchy, like biscuit dough. Add a little more milk or flour if necessary.
- In a separate bowl mix together half-n-half cream, sugar, and vanilla until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Drop 5 or 6 tablespoons of dough into the buttered baking dish.
- Pour in the prepared strawberries.
- Pour in the milk and sugar mixture.
- Pour in the strawberry syrup. (If you don't have strawberry syrup on hand, place 1/2 cup of strawberry jam or preserves in the microwave until thin but not boiling).
- Dollop on the remainder of the dough.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.