MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Eat it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Ready In:
- 5 cups fresh rhubarb, cut in 1-inch pieces
- orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; mix well.
- Add rhubarb nutmeg(optional), butter and grated orange rind.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place in 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake in 375F preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix cobbler topping ingredients and.
- drop"blobs" of topping on fruit.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Well technically I did not make this dish. My dear friend Miss Nola did. She is 71 and asked me to find her a recipe for rhubarb cobbler and I came up with this one because the ingredients were closest to what she remembered using years back in West Virginia. However, she did ask me how does it get rated and I explained it to her, and she told me 10 stars !!!!!! But we at zaar only have 5 max. so that's what she is giving it. I myself will taste some tomorrow when I go to visit :)Reply
see 1 more