Recipe by Jostlori
From the back of a package of Wolfson salted hog casings. This can be made using 10 lbs pork or using half pork and half beef chuck
- 10 lbs coarse ground pork butt or 10 lbs pork shoulder, boneless
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or granulated)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 2 cups ice water
- 1 (5 ounce) packagewolfson salted natural hog casings
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground meat, seasonings and water. Mix thoroughly using hands to knead mixture.
- Fill casings loosely, leaving one inch at each end. It is easiest to use the sausage attachment on your KitchenAid mixer, but can also be done using a funnel with a wide opening.
- Tie off ends. Twist to form links, about 3 turns. Tie with string.
- Refrigerate immediately or freeze for up to 2 months.