Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My all time favourite dessert that's foolproof and always loved. I've been making this for 25 years. I've made it often with strawberries, just use about 1 lb (1 litre); have also used rhubarb, blueberries, nectarines.... You can use light or regular sour cream. A guaranteed winner!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (generous)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (500 g) container sour cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 7 peaches, not peeled,sliced thinly
- Combine flour and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Press into bottom of a springform pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Arrange peaches over base when it is ready.
- Pour mixed topping ingredients over peaches and return to oven.
- Bake 60 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Made the torte with South Carolina peaches. The only change I made was soaking the peaches in some brandy. This torte was sooooo delicious. Also used the same receipe to make a plum torte and it was yummy also.