Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my grandmother. It's simple to make and won't last long.
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons Clear Jel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together peaches, lemon juice, and sugar. Let sit one hour and drain *and save* juice(you will get more juice if you stir the peaches every 15mins).
- Add water to juice to make 1 cup.
- In a saucepan heat the 1/2c. of sugar, clear jel, and juice until it becomes thick.
- Then add butter, salt, almond extract, and cinnamon.
- Add mixture to peaches and put in cooled pie shell. let chill for a few hours.