Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Mennonite recipe I found on the internet.
Make and share this Fresh Orange Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the dry ingredients. Mix in the orange rind, juice, melted butter and eggs till well blended but don't overmix. Stir in the walnuts if desired-I don't usually use them.
- Pour into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm.