Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The simple ingredients on this pizza are so good, and fresh mozzarella is the best! So much better than processed. You can make your dough, or purchase uncooked pizza dough from the bakery dept. of your supermarket.This pizza is very rustic, and very similar to true pizza, in Italy.The fresh ingredients are essential to how good this is.
- 113.39 g portion pizza dough
- 2.46 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml sliced fresh basil
- 4 slice fresh mozzarella cheese (thin slices)
- 1 slice country ham (optional) or 1 slice smoked ham, cut into thin strips (optional)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F Shape pizza dough ball into 6-8 inch circle on a lightly floured surface.( Circle doesn't have to be perfect) Place dough on a piece of prachment paper. Fold up edges of dough, forming a 1 inch border. Brush oil evenly over dough with a pastry brush, or drizzle evenly over dough.
- Cover pizza dough circle loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, 15 to 20 minutes. Heat pizza stone or heavy baking sheet 10 to 12 minutes in oven. ( I think the pizza stone is much better than the pan).
- Remove and discard plastic wrap from dough. Layer tomato, and next 3 ingredients evenly. Sprinkle with pepper. Carefully transfer dough on parchment paper to pizza stone.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes or until crust is golden.
This was simply yummy. I omitted the ham since I didn't have any. And it still turned out great. A definite keeper!