Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best salsa I have EVER tasted....who needs chips!! This came from a restaurant in Key West, but I added garlic which wasn't originally there and it made it irresistable!
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, , seeded and diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 -2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, , or to taste
- 2 key limes, juice of (, or 4-5 Tablespoons key lime juice)
- In a medium size glass bowl mix together the tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, onion, garlic, sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Combine well.
- Add in the juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips.
This was great! I used a little less jalapeno than called for and I probably won't add the sugar next time (why bother?) The key lime juice added perfect tartness! Thanks!
ummmmazing! My husband and I ate all of this in two sittings! It's addicting, I'm going to be making some more the next time I'm able to get to the store for more tomatoes!