Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best salsa I have EVER tasted....who needs chips!! This came from a restaurant in Key West, but I added garlic which wasn't originally there and it made it irresistable!
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, , seeded and diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 -2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, , or to taste
- 2 key limes, juice of (, or 4-5 Tablespoons key lime juice)
- In a medium size glass bowl mix together the tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, onion, garlic, sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Combine well.
- Add in the juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips.
This was great! I used a little less jalapeno than called for and I probably won't add the sugar next time (why bother?) The key lime juice added perfect tartness! Thanks!
ummmmazing! My husband and I ate all of this in two sittings! It's addicting, I'm going to be making some more the next time I'm able to get to the store for more tomatoes!
This salsa was very good, though it was a little miled so I added another pepper. Also, it was a tad sweet, I'd reduce the sugar next time.