Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Sue Bee Honey website. Use a combination of (seasonal) fresh fruit that is available where you live! A no guilt dessert!
- 1⁄3 cup honey (original recipe specified 3/4 cup!)
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, cherries, etc.)
- 3⁄4 cup granola cereal (I suggest Granola)
- Slightly soften the honey in the microwave so that it is easier to stir. Cool.
- In a bowl, combine the softened honey with the plain yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Using parfait glasses, layer the honey mixture alternately with the fruit and granola, ending with granola on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Made for a great breakfast. I used more strawberries and granola, and couldn't help adding the honey to the cut berries instead of the yogurt. It macerated for a short time, but made a very yummy syrup for them to drizzle over. I agree with the recipe poster that the amount of honey she adjusted to is right, especially since granola usually has a fair amount of sweetness to it.
I made just the one using strawberries, low fat French vanilla yoghurt and low GI special K cereal and the DM thoroughly enjoyed this treat for breakfast, thank you Cookgirl, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #83 December 2014.
I made this a few days ago and forgot to review it, but this recipe is fantastic! :) I used yoplait vanilla yogurt (so no vanilla extract) and Special K granola. For fruit, I used strawberries (frozen, that I thawed) and bananas. Mmm! I scaled this down for one and it was the perfect breakfast for a busy morning! Thank you so much for sharing!