Susie in Texas's Note:
For all you cauliflower affectionados....this is so yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 10 cups romaine lettuce or 10 cups iceberg lettuce, broken into bite size pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced or mashed)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1In skillet over medium heat, toast bread crumbs in melted butter until golden brown.
- 2Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to drain& cool.
- 3Place lettuce in large salad bowl.
- 4Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and garlic and mix well.
- 5Pour dressing over lettuce and toss well to coat lettuce.
- 6Grate or finely chop Cauliflower and sprinkle it on top of the lettuce, and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 7Sprinkle toasted bread crumbs on top of salad.
- 8Serve immediately -- if you are making this salad ahead of time do not add the bread crumbs until ready to serve as they may get soggy.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Cauliflower Salad
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 483.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: