Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
For all you cauliflower affectionados....this is so yummy!
Make and share this Fresh Cauliflower Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 10 cups romaine lettuce or 10 cups iceberg lettuce, broken into bite size pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced or mashed)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower
- In skillet over medium heat, toast bread crumbs in melted butter until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to drain& cool.
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and garlic and mix well.
- Pour dressing over lettuce and toss well to coat lettuce.
- Grate or finely chop Cauliflower and sprinkle it on top of the lettuce, and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle toasted bread crumbs on top of salad.
- Serve immediately -- if you are making this salad ahead of time do not add the bread crumbs until ready to serve as they may get soggy.
Susie,I didn't care for the cauliflower in this recipe being grated (it was too grainy),but otherwise the taste was delicious and it was a very easy to do recipe,So next time I will just chunk up the cauliflower and it will be great.Loved the toasted bread crumbs.Thanks,Darlene