Mustardy Cauliflower Salad
photo by brokenburner
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized flowerets
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Steam/boil the cauliflower flowerets for just 3-5 minutes (you just want them slightly parboiled -- like you would do to prepare them for freezing). Drain. Rinse w/ cold water; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, both mustards, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cooled flowerets, onion and celery.
- Pour the dressing over veggie mixture and gently toss to evenly coat w/ dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really tasty! After I put this together it had a little too much bite for me so I added some shredded cheddar cheese and some bacon bits and it was perfect. My family likes mushy veggies so I boiled the heck out of them. I only needed half the sauce for the cauliflower. Thanks for sharing this!
see 4 more reviews