Recipe by Justmez2
This recipe has been in my family for years, and requested for many birthdays. ENJOY--WE HAVE !!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 3 cups apples (prefer Granny Smith)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, for apples
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until frothy, then add sugar, mix well.
- Next add vanilla, and oil mix thoroughly.
- Peel, core, dice apples, sprinkle lemon juice to keep from turning brown while getting other ingredients ready.
- Chop pecans mix with chopped apples, flours, salt,soda, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients a spoon at a time to batter, it will become very thick.
- Do Not Over Mix.
- Bake in greased and floured bundt pan at 325 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes testing with toothpick for doneness.
- Cool in pan for 12 minutes before removing.
- Or may bake in tube pan.