Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an excellent recipe that had a rich gravy and some crunch. I love to make this when I have company. They think I spent hours preparing it and love it.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lawreys Season-All salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt (I prefer grey or kosher)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained (these are in a can on the grocers shelf)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups good dry white wine (I must insist that you use a good quality wine for this recipe or if you prefer you may omit the win)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium golden mushroom soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- fresh fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- cooked rice
- lay out the chicken breast on a cutting board, trim any excess fat from the breasts. You can also cube the chiken if you prefer.
- Mix all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using the seasoning mix season each side of the chicken breasts.
- Heat a 10 inch skillet over medium heat then add the butter and melt. Once the butter is just melted add the chicken and brown on all sides. remove from pan and place in 9x13 inch casserole dish. Do not drain or use kitchen paper to remove fat. In the pan reserve the butter and place the diced vegetables and water chestnuts. Sweat the veggies until soft but not brown or burnt. Deglaze the pan with wine or juice whichever you decided to use then add the soup and stir to mix. heat just a bit to thin out the sauce a little bit and then pour directly over the chicken breasts.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven set at 365°F
- Bake about twenty minutes then remove the foil and bake five minutes longer. Remove from oven let stand ten minutes and serve over warm cooked rice and garnish with parsley. Serve with a side of grilled asparagus tips or steamed broccoli spears with a good rustic country French bread.