Recipe by Jen T
This creamy ice cream does not need churning in an ice cream maker. A bonus for those that do not have one. :) Cook time is freezing time.
Top Review by Peter J
Wow! Super creamy and smooth with a great taste. A lot smoother than commercial icecream and a must try for anyone that's thought about making icecream that doesn't have a machine.
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 600 ml cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks until creamy.
- Slowly add half the sugar while continuing to beat until the mixture is thick and pale.
- Mix in the Cointreau and vanilla.
- In another bowl beat the cream until soft peaks form then combine with the yolk mixture.
- In a clean dry bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and then slowly beat in the remaining sugar and continue beating until thick and glossy.
- Fold 2-3 tablespoons of the cream mixture into the whites to lighten the mix, then gently fold in the rest of the cream mixture.
- Spoon into container and cover well.
- Freeze until firm, approx 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Note: To vary mix you can fold in some chopped dark chocolate or chopped nuts before freezing.