Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from Taste Of Home magazine. I love these for breakfast or lunch during the holiday season or whenever I have eggnog.
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese
- 12 slices French bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Place two slices of Canadian bacon and one slice of cheese on each of the six slices of bread.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Place eggnog in a shallow dish.
- Dip sandwiches in eggnog.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt butter.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Serve with strawberry preserves.
Loved these! I tried to make homemade french bread but my yeast never proofed, so opted to use regular sandwhich bread and these still came out wonderful! Very easy and could even be used for lunch or a small dinner! I will be making these again!
Very nice. We ate them as is without the jelly.