Jammy French Toast / Hot Jam Sandwich
This is basically a jam sandwich cooked like french toast. You can use any jam you like but raspberry is my fave so for the sake of this recipe that's what I'm listing. Lovely!
- Ready In:
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Beat the egg, sugar and vanilla in a shallow dish.
- Make up your jam sandwich with the bread and jam. Cut the crusts off if you wish (I do!).
- Soak the sandwich in the egg mixture until it has all been absorbed into the sandwich.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry for 1 - 2 minutes on each side or until lovely and golden.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I will start by saying that I loved the taste of this. However, I felt like I had to cook it longer than suggested, because I am fanatical about making sure the eggs are done and I couldn't tell if it was done in the middle. In the future, I think I will stick to regular French Toast and then top it with the jelly or jam that I have on hand. Thanks for the idea, though.