Banana French Toast Sandwich
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine the egg and milk in a bowl. Mix well.
- Turn the slices of bread in the egg mixture until most, if not all, of the mixture is absorbed by the bread.
- Slice the banana on a diagonal to get long slices.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan. Top the slice with banana to cover in a single layer.
- Place the second slice of bread on top of the banana.
- Cook until the bottom slice is golden, 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook on the other side until golden.
- Place the Banana French Toast in the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes, then serve.
- Be careful removing the Banana French Toast from the oven so the sandwich doesn't come apart.
- Dip it in syrup if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just had this and I am sooooo pleased that I tried it! the bananas were soft and mushy but I liked it that way. and the french toast part was soft and deeeeelish!! I tink it would have been perfect with a it of cinnamon on top, regret that i just ran out of it yesterday.... My baby nephew had chocolate syrup on his and he loved it! anyway thanks for the recipe! will definately make this again, maybe tomorrow for breakfast (:
This was a wonderful treat on this cold and dreary morning Forgiven. It brought sunshine and a smile to my face. I used challah bread and a whole banana. I served it with a little caramel sauce and icing sugar....YUMMY! The french toast was nice and puffy, the bananas were firm yet soft...very tasty. It was very easy to make. Thanks for sharing. I will make these again often.
WONDERFUL! This is truly a real treat in the morning. Very easy and quick, but incredibly tasty! I used whole wheat bread, doubled the recipe for me and my hubby, and added a splash of vanilla to the egg&milk mixture. After I took it out of the oven I sprinkled it with cinnamon and poured warm maple syrup over it. Wow! I will make this recipe often. Thank you for sharing Chef Mommie!